This Guide Will Help you To Fix Screenshot Issues on your LG V20
Are you suffering from screenshots not working on your LG V20 using the common method (Power + Volume Down) keys? If yes, there is a high chance that either of the physical keys (Volume down or Power) might be not working properly.
Or if you have checked both the buttons individually working fine, then there might be an issue with the software of your phone such as:
- Bugs in the software
- Cluttered data in the cache memory
- Low storage capacity
- Any third-party app might be causing the issue
Therefore, you need to start the troubleshooting process to resolve the screenshot issue on your smartphone.
LG V20 Screenshot Not Working
We have discussed numerous fixes in this guide that will help you resolve the screenshot not working issue on your LG V20.
- Correct Combination of Physical Buttons
- Close All Opened Apps
- Avoid Incognito Mode
- Check Storage Capacity
- Reboot your Phone
- Enter Safe Mode
- Update the Software
- Clear System Cache
- Perform Factory Reset
Use The Correct Combination Of Physical Buttons:
You need to check whether the method you are using to capture screenshots is valid or not in the form of physical buttons. If you are not using the correct combination of physical keys, then it could be the reason that is stopping your phone to take screenshots.
The most common method that is followed on Android smartphones to capture screenshots is:
Press and Hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the screenshot gets captured.
In case, if the above doesn’t work for you, then you should try this:
Just press Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Don’t hold it, just press it once and see if it works.
Close All Open Apps From the Recent Apps Screen:
Try to remove all the opened apps from the recent app’s windows. There is a high chance some of the third-party apps that are already opened and running in the background might be preventing your phone to take a screenshot.
here is how you can do that,
- Tap the recent app button located in the navigation bar at the bottom.
- Once, the recent app window is opened, swipe up all the apps to close all of them.
After clearing the recent app window, now try to take a screenshot.
Avoid Incognito Mode:
Taking screenshots in incognito mode won’t work as Google has terminated this functionality. Therefore, you need to check if you are in Incognito mode, first switch to normal mode on the browser, and then try to take screenshots.
Check Storage Capacity:
Most of the time, many features start malfunctioning due to low storage capacity, and like so this one. Therefore, when your phone is low on storage, and you try to take a screenshot, then it will not capture the screenshot due to low storage capacity and will neither find a place to save them.
Trying to free up disk space might resolve this issue.
Reboot Your Phone:
Most of the solution providers are of the view that rebooting your phone in a certain situation could resolve many issues. Types of issues that are related to software can be fixed by just restarting your phone.
Therefore, whenever you came across such issues, try the method of restarting your phone first.
Enter Safe Mode:
Another best way to tackle software-related issues is by entering your phone into safe mode. Safe mode only runs the built-in applications that were installed by the OEMs. Thus, you can figure out easily if the third-party apps installed on your phone are causing this issue.
Steps To Enter Safe Mode
- Switch OFF your LG V20.
- Next, press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons until your phone boots into System recovery mode.
- Now, select and confirm the “Safe Mode” with the help of the power and volume buttons. Within a matter of min, your phone will enter safe mode successfully.
Update the Software:
Sometimes, we avoid installing the recent update on our phone as it might also be the reason that causes our phone to land in an unexpected situation like this.
Follow the steps below:
- Head over to “Settings” on your phone.
- Next, scroll down a bit and tap on “About Phone -> Software Updates”.
- Further, tap “Check for update”.
Clear System Cache
Another fix that can lead you to eliminate this particular issue is by booting into the recovery mode of your smartphone. By doing so, you will be then able to wipe the cache partition. This method removes all the temporary files that might be causing issues on your device.
Steps To Follow below:
- Switch OFF your smartphone.
- Next, press and hold the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons until the system recovery interface shows up. After that, release both buttons.
- Now select and confirm the “Wipe cache” option with the help of the volume and power buttons.
- Wait for the wiping cache process to complete and then reboot your smartphone.
That’s it, you are done with clearing the system cache. Once your smartphone boots up successfully, then check whether the screenshot is working or not.
Perform Factory Reset:
If you have followed all the above methods and nothing work in your case, then head over to perform a soft reset on your smartphone. Don’t worry, It will not erase any of your data but will just change the app settings to default.
Therefore, after resetting, you will need to manually set your device again.
Steps To Perform Factory Reset:
- Head over to “Settings”.
- In settings, go to “System -> Restart & Reset -> Factory Data Reset-> Reset Settings”.
That’s how you can reset your phone settings to default.
If the screenshot is not working on your LG V20, then try the below fixes.
- Reboot your phone.
- Boot into Safe mode
- Close all apps running in the background
- Perform a factory reset.
This troubleshooting guide can help you resolve the screenshot not working issue on your LG V20.