The situation becomes annoying when the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. There are various issues that can appear with a touchscreen on your phone. Either, it could respond with ghost touches or totally fails to respond.
The touchscreen not working issue could put your smartphone in an idle situation. Therefore, you need to instantly resolve this issue to restore back your smartphone to a normal state.
Is your Nokia 8 Touchscreen Not Working? If yes, then you need to start the troubleshooting process to fix this issue. There are two types of issues,
- Related to Software
- Related to Hardware
If the issue is related to software, it can be resolved with some of the proven fixes covered in this detailed guide. in case, your screen is physically damaged, then it is related to hardware and might be resolved with replacing your phone screen.
There could be several reasons that could make your phone touchscreen unresponsive,
- A minor glitch in the software.
- Cluttered data in the cache memory
- Low-quality screen protector
Nokia 8 Touchscreen Not Working
After following the below fixes, hopefully, your Nokia 8 touchscreen will start working perfectly.
- Soft Reset
- Android Repairing Tool
- Diagnose Display With The Help Of Third-Party Apps
- Remove MicroSD card
- Wipe Off the Screen Protector
- Enter Safe Mode
- Update the Phone
- Perform Factory Reset
This method also refers to soft resetting where you can restart your phone anytime being stuck in an issue.
Soft Resetting manages to resolve a different kinds of software-related issues in a matter of just a few minutes. Therefore, try to soft reset your phone.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Simply, Just Powered OFF your smartphone.
- Once, it is turned OFF, now wait for a while.
- After that, turn it ON by pressing and holding the Power button.
Once, It boots up successfully, now check whether your Nokia 8 touchscreen is working or not.
Method 2: Try Using the Repairing Tool
We will start this fixing by using the repairing tool. We will try to recover Nokia 8 touchscreen with the help of this tool. Yes, we are talking about one of the best repairing tools out there known as Android Repair Tool.
This tool can help in diagnosing your phone stranded and surrounded by different issues. Once, it diagnoses the issues, then starts fixing them. Further, It can cope will all kinds of system-related issues.
Why Android Repair Tool?
Android Repair tool is a highly recommended tool due to the fact that it can fix different kinds of system-related issues. Many problems that occur in android smartphones can be easily solved with the help of this tool.
Besides this, it can help resolve multiple other issues, If your smartphone is stuck in an issue like:
- Bootloop issues
- Apps crashing/Stops working
- Black Screen
- lagging issues
Method 3: Diagnose Display With The Help Of Third-Party Apps
Regarding the touchscreen issue, you can also approach different third-party apps available out there. In this guide, we will be using one of the most popular and recommended apps Display Tester used to diagnose phone displays.
The display tester app can check for issues that result in causing your Nokia 8 touchscreen not working.
How To Use Display Tester App?
- First of all, download and install the app.
- Launch it and then head over to the “Tests” tab.
- Next, you will be surrounded by different options that will let you test your phone display from different angles.
- Just, run each one of the tests.
- If you get the response with positive results, then it means your display is physically fine and working.
It is now confirmed that the issue is related to phone software or some third-party apps that might be causing this issue. You can fix this easily by following the method ahead.
Method 4: Demount External Micro-SD Card
Most of the time, while stranded in a situation like this, we avoid considering the micro-SD card available on our phones. To resolve any software-related issue, it’s worth considering the external card. First of all, try to demount or remove the micro-SD card from your phone.
to do that, follow this:
- Make sure, that you have Powered OFF your smartphone.
- Next, simply eject the micro-SD card from the slot.
- Now, you can Turn ON your device.
After your phone is turned ON, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Why consider an External card? Let me briefly explain!
Sometimes the micro-SD card itself or the slot malfunctions due to which the phone lands into a harmful state and starts working abnormally with its different hardware components.
There is a possibility that your micro-SD card is affected by a virus somehow or you have inserted and connected with different devices containing viruses.
In that particular case, you will need to remove the SD card first, then format the SD card with the help of another device such as a PC or laptop.
Once, you have formatted it, now you are allowed to insert it again into your phone to use it without any issue.
Method 5: Take Off The Screen protector
Depending on the quality of screen protectors, if you have applied a low-graded screen protector on your phone display, then there is a high chance your Nokia 8 touchscreen would not work properly.
When these types of screen protectors get damaged, they won’t allow the touchscreen of smartphones to work properly.
Therefore, you need to take off the screen protector first, and then check whether the touchscreen is working or not.
Method 6: Boot Your Phone Into Safe mode
This is the official and built-in method to examine your smartphone. It is available on all smartphones. This mode lets your phone land into an official built-in state where all the third-party apps are disabled.
Only the built-in apps that are officially installed by the manufacturer run in this mode. Therefore, when you are in safe mode and your phone is working fine, then it means the third-party apps are the reason behind this issue.
In that particular case, you would need to uninstall the third-party app that is most recently installed and then re-install them.
How To Boot Nokia 8 Into Safe Mode?
- Press and Hold the power button until the power options appear on the phone screen.
- Now, tap and long-press the Power OFF option.
- Once, that pop-up appears on the screen “Restart in safe mode”.
- Next, simply proceed with the “OK” button to enter safe mode.
That’s it, you have successfully booted your Nokia 8 into Safe Mode.
Method 7: Update Your Phone
Many users have reported about this issue and stated that they have resolved it by upgrading their smartphone to the recent version. So why not give it a try?
Here’s, how you can check for recent updates and install them on your smartphone.
Steps To Update Nokia 8 To Recent Version
- Head over the the “Settings” of your phone.
- In Setting, locate the “System”.
- Further, tap on “Advanced”.
- Scroll down a bit and tap “System Updates”.
- Next, simply tap on “Download” and then “Install”.
That’s it when you have successfully updated your Nokia 8. Now, check if the problem still persists.
Method 8: Perform Hard Reset
Though this method is the most effective method among all that could possibly resolve any kind of issue. But the reason to prioritize it at the end is that it wipes all the data available on your phone.
After performing a hard reset, your phone will drive back to its default state like the newly purchased device. Where you will have to set up your phone from the beginning accordingly.
Note: “This method wipes all the data available on your phone. Therefore, better to make a back-up of your data before performing a factory reset”.
How To Perform Hard Reset on Nokia 8?
- First of all, Power OFF your phone.
- Now, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you boot into “Android Recovery Mode”.
- Now, in recovery mode, you will see different options. Here, the Volume UP/Down buttons are used for scrolling/selecting between different options, and the Power button is for confirming.
- By using the Volume UP/Down buttons, scroll down to the option “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then use the power button to confirm it.
- Once, the process starts, wait for a while. When it gets completed successfully, then proceed with selecting the option “Reboot System Now”.
- Now, your phone will reboot, and will take some time to initiate the first boot-up.
That’s it, you have performed the hard reset operation on your Nokia 8 using the Physical/hard keys.
If your Nokia 8 touch screen is not working, then what to do? What methods should be adopted to resolve this issue?
In this guide, we have covered plenty of fixes in detail to fix the touch screen not working issue. You need to start the troubleshooting process with the help of these fixes, Soft reset, safe mode, update software, perform hard reset, and display tester app.
All these fixes are discussed in detail in this guide along with plenty of other fixes.