Power button not working on your OnePlus 8 Pro? Many users have reported this issue on different forums since the issue started appearing in different ways. In some cases, the power button is working but not functioning properly.
Instead of showing the power menu, It activates Google Assistant or Alexa as reported by some users. Some users have reported that the power button on their OnePlus 8 Pro is not even responding.
Don’t worry, whatever issue you are facing with the power button on your OnePlus 8 Pro, you will get it resolved by following these simple fixes until or unless the power button is physically damaged.
First of all, you should check if you have selected the power menu function for the power button.
- Open the “Settings” on your phone.
- Next, tap the “Buttons and gestures” options.
- Further, tap “Press and Hold the Power Button”.
- Now, select the “Power menu” option. (By default, the “Voice assistant” function is selected for the power button).
In case, your OnePlus 8 Pro power button is not even responding, then you should begin the troubleshooting process with the help of these fixes below:
Test the Power Button
Before going for the advanced fixes, you should check the hardware side for any kind of physical damage. To confirm your power button is working fine and not physically damaged, you can try one of the popular third-party apps.
Try the TestM app on your OnePlus 8 Pro!
- Download the TestM app from the Play Store.
- Further, open the app on your phone.
- Now, scroll down to the “Hardware” category and then select the “Hardware button”.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and press the Power button to check whether it’s working or not.
In case, if it is not working, then you should contact or visit the phone repair service center for technician help.
If you find no hardware issue (any physical damage), then it is confirmed that the issue is with the software. Now, head over to the software-related solutions below.
Perform Soft Reset
How To Restart the OnePlus 8 Pro without a Power button?
There are multiple ways to do so,
- Using phone settings
- Using power menu app
By Phone Settings
You can Switch OFF and then Turn ON OnePlus without a power button by following the steps below.
- Open “Settings” and then tap on “Utilities”.
- Further, tap the “Schedule Power ON/OFF” option.
- Now, tap to set the time and then enable the “Power OFF” option.
- Moreover, also enable the “Power ON” option.
Finally, your phone will Power OFF according to the scheduled time, you have set. After that, press and hold the “Power” button to turn it ON.
Once, it completely turns ON, hopefully, the power button will start working on your phone.
By Power Menu App
- Download Power Menu from the Play Store.
- Once, you have installed the app, then open it and follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your phone.
Enter Safe Mode
In safe mode, you can easily determine whether the particular issue on your phone is caused by some third-party apps or not.
If the power button is working fine in safe mode, then the main culprit behind this issue is the third-party apps installed on your phone.
Remove all the recent third-party apps from your phone to eliminate the issue.
- Turn OFF your smartphone.
- Next, press and hold the “Power” button until you see the OnePlus logo on the screen.
- Further, release the “Power” button, press and hold the “Volume Down” button.
- Now, your phone will boot into “Safe mode” successfully.
- Finally, you can see the “Safe mode” label at the bottom left corner of the screen.
In case, if the issue still persists in the safe mode, then there might be some other software issue on your phone. You should go for updating the software of your phone.
The outdated version of the software might become a nightmare for the phone causing severe conflicts. Most of the issues on your phone are caused by minor bugs present in the software.
It can be resolved by just updating to the latest version of the software.
- Open the “Settings”.
- Further, tap “Systems”.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom and then tap “System Updates”.
Wipe System Cache
The temporary data available in the cache memory of your phone might become corrupt or faulty over a period of time.
Hence, it might cause unexpected issues and force several hardware components on your phone to function abnormally.
Try to clear the system cache!
- Switch OFF your smartphone.
- Next, press and hold the Power and Volume UP or Power and Volume Down buttons together until you boot into recovery mode successfully.
- Once in recovery mode, use the volume buttons to switch between different options and the power button to select the desired option.
- Now, choose the “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- When the process finishes, now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot the System Now” option.
When your OnePlus 8 Pro boots up, then check whether the power button is working or not.
Perform Factory Data Reset
At last, the only option left is the factory reset method. The success ratio of factory resetting is pretty high for resolving most of the software-related issues on your phone.
Note: Back up your important data before starting your phone’s factory data reset operation.
- Open the “Settings”.
- Further, tap “Systems” and then “Reset options”.
- Finally, select “Erase All Data” and then tap on “Erase All Data”.
Now, wait for the process to complete and when you see the welcome screen on your phone display, then set it up accordingly by following the on-screen instructions.
Unable to Power OFF your OnePlus 8 Pro with a Power button? Is the Power button not responding on your OnePlus 8 Pro? First of all, you should check the power button for any kind of physical damage using the third-party app TestM.
After you have confirmed there is no hardware issue, then restart your phone. You can restart the OnePlus 8 Pro without a power button using the phone Settings->Utilities->Schedule Power ON/OFF” Press and hold the Power button.
Updating the software of your phone can also resolve this issue.