There are certain issues, you might face regarding the camera on your smartphone. It might get close suddenly after you open it or the screen might turn black. There can be several reasons behind this issue, and the most obvious among them is outdated versions of the software or cluttered data stored in the cache memory of the camera app.
While encountering such issues regarding the camera app on OnePlus Nord, you will need to start the troubleshooting process to fix this issue. Here, we have covered some of the proven fixes that will help you resolve this issue.
OnePlus Nord Camera Not Working
If the camera is not working on your OnePlus Nord or responding with random errors, don’t panic! There are plenty of ways to fix the camera not working issue, some of the proven fixes are as follows:
- Soft Reset your Smartphone
- Safe Mode
- Use the Alternate camera app
- Wipe System Cache
- Update the Software
- Perform Factory Reset
Soft Reset your Smartphone
Most of the problems can be resolved by rebooting your smartphone. Therefore, whenever you encounter any issue on your smartphone, try to reboot it in the first place.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the “Power” and “Volume UP” buttons.
- Now, wait for a moment until your phone turns OFF completely.
- Once the phone is turned OFF, turn it ON by pressing and holding the “Power” button.
- Wait for a while and your smartphone will boot up in a few minutes.
That’s it, you have successfully performed a soft reset on your OnePlus Nord.
Safe mode is one of the best methods in the troubleshooting process. While in safe mode disables all the third-party apps and allows the built apps only. If the phone is working properly in safe mode, then there could be any third-party app causing this issue.
Try to delete all the recent third-party apps that are the real culprits.
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Next, press and hold the “Power” button until you see the OnePlus logo on the screen.
- Now, release the “Power” button, press and hold the “Volume Down” button.
- After that, your phone will boot into “Safe mode” successfully.
- Finally, you will be able to see the “Safe mode” label at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Use the Alternate camera app
If the built-in camera app isn’t working on your smartphone, then you should try to install an alternate camera app on your smartphone. There are plenty of best camera apps for Android available on the Play Store.
Install any of them and then check whether it can load the camera on your phone or not. If the camera on your phone is working fine with this app, then it’s clear the issue is with the built-in camera app. Hence, you need to update your phone software to eliminate the bugs or incompatibility issues to let the built-in camera app could start working.
Wipe System Cache
Another fix that can lead you to eliminate this particular issue is by booting into the recovery mode of your smartphone. By doing so, you will be then able to wipe the cache partition. This method removes all the temporary files and data stored in the cache memory that might be causing issues to your device.
Steps To Follow below:
- Switch OFF your smartphone.
- To enter into recovery mode, press and hold the Power and Volume UP or Power and Volume Down buttons until you boot into recovery mode successfully.
- Once in recovery mode, use the volume buttons to switch between different options and the power button to select the desired option.
- In recovery mode options, select the “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- When you are done with it, now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot the System Now” option.
That’s it, you are done with clearing the system cache. Once your smartphone boots up successfully, then check whether the camera is working fine or still the problem persists.
Update the Software
Ensure your phone is running on the latest version of Android. If a recent version of the software or security patches is available in the update, then you need to download and install them on your smartphone.
- Head over to “Settings”.
- Next, tap “Systems”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “System Updates”.
Perform Factory Reset
This method is very effective and worth considering when facing any kind of issue on your device. This will restore all the settings to the factory default settings. But you need to take a complete backup of your important data as it will wipe all the available data on your device.
Here are the steps below:
- Head over to the “Settings”.
- Next, tap “Backup & Reset” and then “Factory Data Reset”.
- Finally, select “Reset Phone” and then “Erase everything”.
Now, wait for the process to complete, once it is finished, the phone will boot up and will be directed to the Welcome screen. Now, set up your phone accordingly by following the on-screen instructions.
If you are facing several issues with the built-in camera app on your OnePlus Nord, then this might be due to the outdated version of software running on your phone or might be some bugs in the software. There is also a high chance that the cache memory of the app might be causing this issue.
Try to “force stop the camera app”, “clear cache of the camera app”, “update the software” or “Boot into Safe mode” operation on your phone.