If you are having an issue while recording a video with your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, then following this guide to the end might get you out of this situation.
We have come across this issue “Video Recording not working” reported by Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra users. To get this issue resolved, we have researched and as a result, found some fixes that could possibly fix this issue.
This is an ordinary issue and can be resolved with the help of a few steps. Let’s explore the proper solution to get this matter resolved ASAP. Sometimes, these types of issues encounter due to software updates.
Samsung S22 Ultra Won’t Record Video – (Try Out These Fixes)
If you are facing a recording issue, the first thing you need to do is access the camera app settings to clear the cache. Here is how you can do that, Don’t get confused with clear cache and clear data options. You are supposed to select the “Clear Cache” option.
- Open the “Settings” on your phone.
- Next, locate and tap on “Apps”.
- Now, Select the “Camera” app.
- Next, tap on the “Storage” option.
- Now, you will see the “Clear cache” option at the bottom right of the screen. Tap on it to clear.
- Finally, after clearing the cache, restart your phone and you are good to go.
Once, the phone boots up, open the camera and try recording the video, hopefully, it will start working. Apart from this, you can also try the force stop option and then reboot your phone.
How To Force Stop Camera App on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?
- Open “Settings -> Apps” on your phone.
- Next, select the “Camera” app.
- Now, you will be able to see the “Force Stop” option located at the bottom right of the screen. Tap on it.
- Once, you do “Force Stop”, now reboot your phone.
It is also possible that the recent version of the software might be causing this issue due to some bugs. Therefore, also try to update the software on your phone, as you might get the recent patch with bugs fixed.
How To Update Software on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?
- Launch the “Settings” on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Software Update” option.
- Next, tap on the “Download and Install” option.
Now, it will start searching for the recent update or security patches and you will get notified either with the update available or with the message “your software is up to date”.
Finally, if nothing of the above works for you, then don’t get delayed to opt for the factory reset on your phone.
How To Perform Factory Data Reset on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?
- Go to the “Settings” on your phone.
- Next, Select the “General Management” option.
- Then, tap on the “Reset” option.
- Now, select “Factory Data Reset”.
- Finally, scroll down and tap on the “Reset” option.
- Wait for the process to complete as it will take some time.
- Once, the phone boots up, start setting up the phone from the beginning.
We have covered some proven fixes regarding the video recording problem on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. These fixes include the following:
- Clearing cache of the camera app.
- Force stop the camera app.
- Update the phone software.
- Factory Data Reset.
By following these fixes in detail above, hopefully, you will easily get this issue of “video won’t recording” resolved.