If your smartphone supports 5G and the network you are using also offers 5G services, but still you are unable to use the 5G for some technical reasons, then this can be a frustrating situation for you.
Still, facing the issue? Don’t worry, we are still here to help you fix this issue with some of the advanced fixes below:
Perform a Soft Reset
Your phone might be affected by some temporary system glitches. This can also hinder your phone from connecting to a 5G network. To cope with this particular situation, you should perform a soft on your phone.
- Press and Hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons until the power options appear on the screen.
- Next, select “Power Off”.
- After, the phone is turned Off, wait for 3 minutes, and then switch it ON by pressing and holding the “Power” button.
Toggle Airplane Mode
Try to refresh the network on your phone with the help of Airplane mode. Turning ON/OFF the airplane on your phone helps in troubleshooting the network issues.
This method is very simple and effective in resolving network-related issues on your phone.
- Head over to “Settings”.
- Next, tap “Connections”.
- Now, enable the “Airplane Mode”.
- Wait for 3 minutes and then disable the “Airplane Mode”.
It will re-establish the network connection. Check, if the Verizon 5G network is showing up on the phone or not.
Check your Verizon Service Plan and SIM card
You should contact your network carrier to verify the service plan. Make sure, you are subscribed to a Verizon 5G service plan.
Besides this, do confirm if the SIM card you are using is compatible with 5G services or not. The older SIM card will not integrate with 5G services and you might face incompatibility issues.
If you have purchased your Samsung phone with the Verizon 5G network plan, then you will also get a compatible SIM with the device. Therefore, use the SIM that comes with your device.
Otherwise, you can also contact the Verizon carrier to provide you with a compatible SIM with a 5G service plan.
Configure 5G Settings on your Phone
There might be improper configurations in the network settings of your phone. Make sure, you have selected the right option to use the 5G services on your phone.
- Head over to “Settings>Connections”.
- Next, tap “Mobile Networks” and then tap “Network Mode”.
- Finally, select the option that includes 5G connectivity with an “auto-connect” feature.
Clear the Cache and Data of SIM Toolkit
You should clear the cache and data of the SIM Toolkit for the Verizon 5G SIM. This is quite a simple and effective method to resolve the issue. Give it a try!
- Head over to “Settings”.
- Next, tap the “Apps” and then search for “SIM Toolkit”.
- Tap the “SIM Toolkit” and then tap the “Storage” option.
- Finally, tap “Clear Cache” and then the “Clear Data” option.
After that, you should reboot the phone. Wait for your phone to boot up and see if it can connect to the 5G network. If you are still facing the issue, then try to clean the system cache using the recovery mode on your phone.
Wipe Cache Partition
There might be some outdated or corrupted data present in the system cache that might be affecting your phone network. Try to clean the system cache using the recovery mode.
- Switch OFF your smartphone.
- Press and hold the “Power” and “Volume UP” buttons until you boot into recovery mode successfully.
- Use the Volume buttons to switch between different options and the power button to select the desired option in the recovery mode.
- Next, tap the “Wipe Cache Partition” option and continue by pressing the “Yes” to confirm.
- Finally, reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot the System Now” option.
Update the Phone Software
There is also a possibility your phone might be affected by some bugs present in the software. Updates often contain bug fixes and improvements for various functionality of the phone.
Try to keep your phone software up to date.
- Head over to “Settings”.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and then tap “Software Update”.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install updates on your phone.
Reset Network Settings
Most of the network issues appear due to improper network settings on the phone. There is a high chance the Verizon 5G might not be working due to the network setting on your phone.
Try to reset the network settings on your phone. This will restore all the network settings to the default.
- Open “Settings>General Management”.
- Next, tap “Reset” and then tap “Reset network settings”.
- Finally, continue by pressing the “Reset Settings” button.
Perform Factory Data Reset
When all the above fixes fail to deliver to solve the issue, then opt for the last resort. Perform factory reset operation on your phone. This will restore all the settings on your phone to factory default.
There is a very high chance the issue might get resolved after the factory reset.
Note: Back up your important data before factory reset to avoid any kind of data loss.
- Go to “Settings->General Management”.
- Further, scroll down and tap the “Reset” option.
- Next, tap “Factory Data Reset”.
- Finally, tap “Reset”.
Once, the process finishes, the welcome page will appear on the screen. Now, set up your phone from scratch by following the on-screen instructions.
Is Verizon 5G Not Working on Samsung Phones? Make sure, you have selected the right option in the mobile network mode that includes 5G connectivity.
Toggle Airplane Mode ON/OFF to troubleshoot the network-related problems. Update the Software of your phone to eliminate the bugs.
Try to clear the SIM Toolkit cache and data. Consider cleaning the system cache using the recovery mode on your phone. You should reset the network settings on your phone.