Adaptive charging is an intelligent feature that operates with your phone alarm settings. It charges your phone slowly overnight when you are asleep and fully charges it just a few moments before you wake up.
Is adaptive charging not working on your Google Pixel 7/7 Pro?
Follow the below fixes one by one until you solve the adaptive charging not working issue on your Google Pixel 7/7 Pro.
Perform Soft Reset
The adaptive charging not working issue might be a result of minor software glitches. Most often, these can be easily handled by soft resetting your phone.
- Simply, press and hold the “Power” button until the power option appears on the screen.
- Next, tap the “Power Off” option.
- Finally, when the phone is turned Off completely, wait for 15 seconds and then turn it back ON with the help of the Power button.
Boot into Safe Mode
Try this trick! It has worked for many users facing the adaptive charging not working issue. Boot your phone into safe mode and see if the adaptive charging notification appears on the screen.
If yes, then boot your phone into normal mode and hopefully it will work there too.
How To Boot Pixel 7 Pro Into Safe Mode?
- Press and hold the “Power” button to pop up the power menu on the screen.
- Next, press and hold the “Power OFF” option until you see the “Reboot to Safe mode” message appear.
- Finally, press the “OK” to enter safe mode.
To exit the “Safe mode” and boot to normal mode, reboot your phone.
Clear the clock app cache
The data stored in the app’s cache memory can also cause issues on your phone and may prevent the adaptive charging from working properly. For the sake of eliminating this issue, you should clear the clock app cache.
- Go to “Settings->Apps”.
- Next, tap “See All Apps”.
- Select “clock app” from the list.
- Further, press the “Storage & Cache” option.
- Now, tap the “Clear cache” option.
Clear system cache
Sometimes, you are supposed to clear the system cache as well to resolve particular issues. Clearing the system cache as a whole using the recovery mode can help you eliminate the adaptive charging not working issues.
- Switch OFF your phone.
- Press and hold the “Power” and “Volume” down until the “Fastboot Mode” appears on the screen.
- Further, use the volume buttons to select the options and the power button to confirm the desired option.
- Now, select the “recovery mode” option, and when the “no command” label appears on the screen, then press the “Volume UP” and “Power” buttons together.
- In recovery mode, choose the “Wipe Cache partition” with the help of the Volume buttons and power button to confirm the option.
- Once the process finishes, now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot the System Now” option.
Update the Phone Software
The software updates contain bug fixes and particular feature improvements such as adaptive charging. Therefore, you should download and install all the pending updates on Pixel 7/7 Pro.
According to the sources, the latest Android 13 QPR3 update contains adaptive charging with improved and enhanced functionality. Rather than relying on the active alarms on your phone, adaptive charging algo will work according to your daily routine.
For example, your wake-up routine might be different on weekdays and weekends. Adaptive charging will learn and act accordingly.
- Open the “Settings” on your phone.
- Next, tap the “System”.
- Now, tap “System update” and then tap “Check for update”.
Perform Factory Data Reset
When none of the above fixes works in your case, then you should factory reset your phone. It will restore all your phone settings to factory default. It can deal with almost all software-related issues.
Hence, you can easily resolve the particular adaptive charging not working issues with this method.
Note: Take a complete backup of your important data before performing a factory data reset operation on your phone.
- Head over to “Settings”.
- Further, tap “System” and then “Reset options”.
- Now, select “Erase All Data (Factory reset)”.
Once, the process finishes, the phone will boot up and will be directed to the Welcome screen. Now, set up your phone accordingly by following the on-screen instructions.
Is Adaptive Charging Not Working on Your Google Pixel 7/7 Pro? Try to use the original charger that comes with the phone out of the box. Boot into safe mode and then again boot to normal mode might resolve the issue.
Consider Performing a wipe cache partition using recovery mode. Update the phone software to the latest version. Lastly, perform a factory data reset operation on your phone.